[R] Creating dataframe of all possible variable combinations

Hosack, Michael mhosack at state.pa.us
Thu Mar 25 21:22:05 CET 2010

Hello,

I need to create a dataframe containing all possible combinations of
three variables: SITE (101,102,103,104), WDAY (MON,TUE,WED,THR,FRI),
and TOD (MORN, AFTN). There should be a total of 40 unique combinations
in my dataframe. I used expand.grid() successfully(?) to create my
dataframe, but then when I went to order it by SITE, the resultant
dataframe only contained four rows, one for each site. There must
be something about this function that I don't understand. Any advice
would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike