[R] I have a question on nomograms.

R Heberto Ghezzo, Dr heberto.ghezzo at mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 25 18:44:55 CET 2010

On the same topic but from a different perspective. A Nomogram or better a Line Aligned Nomogram is a graph with 2 or more scales, maybe linear where by alignig values in each scale you can read values in the other scale. The relationship can be linear, then the scales a straght lines or functional then the scale s curvilinear or even a bidimensional surface with 2 grids.
Is there any program in R, S, C, Fortran, etc to compute such a graph. I know tere is an old book by Ott or something like that in Nomograms but I could not find it.
Does anybody knows anything about constructing LAN? Any books or already rograms to do it?
There are very usefull for a 2 digits solution and they can bu pin in the wall!
Thanks for any info
R.Heberto Ghezzo
McGill University