[R] I have a question on nomograms.

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at Vanderbilt.Edu
Thu Mar 25 15:51:17 CET 2010

Marc Schwartz wrote:
> On Mar 25, 2010, at 8:54 AM, 笑啸 wrote:
>
>> Dear volunteer:
>>    I am a graduate student of medcine in china.And now,I am devoting myself to constructing a nomograms of bladder cancer.I want to do it with R-project.However, I do not know how to construct a nomograms with R-project.I want to get yours help,thank you! I wish you can tell me the operating procedure of the R-project.
>>       And I apologize for my english,it is poor,sorry!
>>                                                                                                                                                          truly yours
>>                                                                                                                                                           ding ding
>

> If you are referring to a regression model based nomogram to be used for prediction, see the nomogram() function in the 'rms' CRAN package by Frank Harrell.
>
> Also, if you go to rseek.org and search using the keyword 'nomogram' you will find this and some other functions that provide related functionality.
>
> HTH,
>
> Marc Schwartz

In addition, you will have to be expert in the type of regression
modeling used to produce a reliable model that is then displayed in a
nomogram.  The nomogram is the easy part; it is just a graphical display
of a model.  It is not the model itself.

Frank

--
Frank E Harrell Jr   Professor and Chairman        School of Medicine