[R] Imported tables from Access 2007

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Mar 18 22:43:11 CET 2010

On Mar 18, 2010, at 4:46 PM, Ryan Utz wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am very new to R and I'm trying to import data from Microsoft
> Access. So
> far, I've managed to do so successfully using the following code:
>
> testdb <- file.path("c:\Databse.accdb")

I am surprised that worked. I was under the impression won needed to
double the back-slashes or use "/"'s. But then I don't use Access or
odbc, so I may be completely off base.

> channel2 <- odbcConnectAccess2007(testdb)
> data.table <- sqlFetch(channel2,"data")
>
> This successfully imports a table(?) called "data.table".
>
> But when I try to run basic stats or manipulate the data I've
> imported, I
> can only do so when specifying "data.table", rather than the variables
> names (like one can do when importing Excel data. For instance, I
> need to
> specify:

Please post the results of str(data.table)

There will almost certainly be variable names. They may need to be
quoted if you have spaces or other special characters in them.

--
David.