[R] Retrieving latitude and longitude via Google Maps API

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Wed Mar 17 18:07:25 CET 2010

You may want to look at http://www.openstreetmap.org/ or http://maps.cloudmade.com/ instead of google maps.  I don't know if they give the same detail/searches, but open source sites tend to be easier to work with and have fewer restrictions on use.  While I like the google maps, I tend to not use them for anything other than personal browsing since I am not sure about the legal/copyright issues.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center