[R] Transform contingency table into data.frame ?

Ivan Calandra ivan.calandra at uni-hamburg.de
Wed Mar 17 11:37:16 CET 2010

Now I get it, I was still thinking you wanted two columns. I was
confused by the "print" example.
Petr's suggestion works well then
Ivan

Le 3/17/2010 11:27, Petr PIKAL a écrit :
> Hi
>
> and did you try my suggestion?
>
> as.data.frame(as.matrix(t, row.names = names(t)))
>
> Regards
> Petr
>
> r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 17.03.2010 11:16:43:
>

>> Dear list,
>>
>> Sorry, I did not explain myself very well.
>>
>> I want to obtain a data.frame like this :
>>
>> Freq
>> a    1
>> b    1
>> c    1
>>
>> This data.frame contains just one column (Freq) and each row is named.
>>
>> But when I use this code :
>>
>> df<- as.data.frame(t)
>>
>> or this code :
>>
>> df<- as.data.frame(t, row.names(t))
>>
>> The "a" column remains.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Carlos
>>
>> 2010/3/17 Petr PIKAL<petr.pikal at precheza.cz>
>>

>>> Hi

>>> follows :

> the

>>> You probably do not distinct between columns of data frame and row
>>>
> names
>
>>> of data frame. From what you told us it is not clear which one you
>>>
> want to
>
>>> keep
>>>
>>> if row names use
>>>
>>> as.data.frame(as.matrix(t, row.names = names(t)))
>>>
>>> if you want to keep column
>>>
>>> as.data.frame(t)
>>>
>>> shall suffice.
>>>
>>> Row names is not a data frame column.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Petr

>>     [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Ivan CALANDRA
PhD Student
University of Hamburg
Biozentrum Grindel und Zoologisches Museum
Abt. Säugetiere
Martin-Luther-King-Platz 3
D-20146 Hamburg, GERMANY
+49(0)40 42838 6231