[R] Odp: Transform contingency table into data.frame ?

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Wed Mar 17 10:59:17 CET 2010

Hi

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 17.03.2010 10:45:48:

> Dear list,
>
> I have a contingency table :
>
> a <- letters[1:3]
> t <- table(a)
>
> I'm looking for a way to transform this table into data frame, as
follows :

>  Freq
> a    1
> b    1
> c    1
>
> I used :
>
> df <- as.data.frame(t, row.names = names(t))
>
> But, this function do not remove the duplicated column. Do you know the
> solution ?

You probably do not distinct between columns of data frame and row names
of data frame. From what you told us it is not clear which one you want to
keep

if row names use

as.data.frame(as.matrix(t, row.names = names(t)))

if you want to keep column

as.data.frame(t)

shall suffice.

Row names is not a data frame column.