[R] Retrieving latitude and longitude via Google Maps API

Nutter, Benjamin NutterB at ccf.org
Tue Mar 16 20:42:18 CET 2010

Does anyone have any experience retrieving latitutde and longitude for
an address from the Google Maps API?

I'd like to have an R script that submits a street address, city, state,
and zip code and returns the coordinates.  So far, I've been submitting
the coordinates from another program, then loading the coordinates in R
and merging them back into the data frame I want to use.  It'd be nice
to be able to do it all in one script, but I'm not comprehending the API
thing very well.

I'm using R 2.9.1 on Windows XP.  Any suggestions or pointers?

Benjamin

  Benjamin Nutter |  Biostatistician  |  Quantitative Health Sciences
  Cleveland Clinic  |  9500 Euclid Ave.   |  Cleveland, OH 44195  |
(216) 445-1365

in America by U.S.News & World Report (2009).
locations.

Confidentiality Note:  This message is intended for use\...{{dropped:13}}