[R] Help on getting help from manuals

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at manchester.ac.uk
Sat Mar 13 10:56:39 CET 2010

On 13-Mar-10 08:59:43, Jim Lemon wrote:
> On 03/12/2010 08:41 PM, ManInMoon wrote:
>> [...]
> [...]
> The terminology problem can often be solved on Jon Baron's search
> engine, as it searches full text, not just keywords. Run a few of the
> terms familiar to you into it, and you will find that the most amazing
> things appear.
>
> Jim

Indeed. Being tempted to put Jim's suggestion to the test, I chose
(somewhat arbitrarily) a familiar term: "garden"; and entered this
into the search engine (with all search options checked).

Up came a somewhat surprising total of 73 hits, on everything from
"Delete Columns with zeros" to "random uniform sample of points on
an ellipsoid", and including one that I had forgotten about:

  http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02/archive/55962.html

Which reminds me: Uwe, how did your request for assistance work out?

Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861
Date: 13-Mar-10                                       Time: 09:56:36