[R] Form using R

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Mar 12 22:20:59 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 7:06 PM, Nilza BARROS <nilzabarros at gmail.com> wrote:
> It would be a form that is filled daily, but some fields were tabulated and
> other fields would be filled with only the opinions of users.
>
> Currently, my form is a Word document that is the filling and printed. At
> the end of every month they are analyzed and the reasons for delays are
> tabulated and the graphs created. I wish the print was not necessary.
> Furthermore,
> the reasons would be tabulated automatically.

 Do you want to build a graphical user interface? With fields to fill
in, and choices and buttons to press?

You should first look at the tcltk package that you should find with
R. That lets you build interfaces using the Tk toolkit.

 There are also ways of using the Gtk and Qt toolkits from R, but that
is getting a bit complex and harder to make work on Windows and Linux.
I guess you're talking Windows because you mention 'Word document'.

 So do library(tcltk) and then read the documentation.

Barry