[R] Contingent Valuation Method estimation function

Ulrich Morawetz ulrich.morawetz at boku.ac.at
Fri Mar 12 10:33:51 CET 2010

Hello,
I have been teaching a part of a lecture on "Valuation Methods of
Natural Resources" where I covered contingent valuation method.
Students collected data using a double-bounded contingent valuation
method questioning technique and we analysed them with a very simple
logLikelihood estimation of a probit function.
For the convenience of others who want to do something similar I
uploaded the code, data and questionnaire to
 http://homepage.boku.ac.at/umorawet/Rcode/cvm/

This year I will teach this class again and wanted to know if someone
has a more sophisticated function for CVM than I provide on the above
linke (and would be willing to share with me and my students), maybe
with bootstrapping for the standard errors or inclusion of explaining
variables?
Maybe it is even possible with one of the packages on discrete choice
methods available on CRAN and give me a hint which one to use (though I
did an extensive search on this issue)?

Thank you, Uli

--

Ulrich Morawetz