[R] Help Files Now Load in the Internet Browser?

David Bapst dwbapst at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 18:26:20 CET 2010

Hello,
I recently had to reinstall R on my windows machine, because MASS
mysteriously vanished from my packages list. Before, when I used
help(), the files would load in a Windows help window. Now, the help
files load in my internet browser, which actually is problematic
because I always made use of the contents/topics list to browse the
help files in the Windows Help window. ("I don't remember the name of
the function, but it was in MASS, so I'll just open a help file for a
different function in MASS...").

I looked in the updates list and read that the help files had been
converted. Is there still any way to get the help files to load again
in the windows html help with the topics list?
-Dave Bapst, UChicago