[R] Output from test script during R CMD check

DarioAustralia D.Strbenac at garvan.org.au
Wed Mar 3 23:25:01 CET 2010

Ah yes sorry about that it was a vague posting.

What I'd like to see when I do a R CMD check on the package and it gets to
the part where it runs the test script, I'd like to show to the user on the
screen the progress of the testing. What happens now is none of the
cat("Test X was successful. \n") statements that I have within the .R file
go to the screen. I did a search of the filesystem for a .Rout file that
maybe it was sending this output to, with the same filename as my test
script, but there isn't any. So I don't think R CMD BATCH is redirecting
this output to anywhere that I don't want it to go. Which means I'm lost to
where the output is actually going and how do I get it back onto the screen
?

Thanks again,
                  Dario.