[R] Matching rows in a Data set? I'm Stuck!!

BioStudent s0975764 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Wed Mar 3 12:52:39 CET 2010

Hi, I'm having (yet another) problem with R.

I have a few data sets that have this sort of format

dataset1
ID DATA
1234 value
2345 value
3456 value

dataset2
ID DATA
1111 value
2345 value
3333 value

What i really want to do is write an R script that says "if the ID of
dataset1 and 2 match (2nd row), print out that whole row into a new
dataset3". No idea how to do that though. Normally I would just write out
the files to a txt file then write a perl script that would do just that.
However these files are HUGE and perl will take forever to do this!! I'm
hoping theres a quicker solution in R...

Any help appreciated