[R] Bartlett Test

Amit Patel amitrhelp at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 1 18:12:33 CET 2010

Apparently the vectors that I have are lists and when I try to conduct the Bartlett test I am getting errors. I may be using it wrong. I am not an R expert>

xbartlett2 <- c(Samp1,Samp2)
#Samp1 & 2 are lists
gbartlett24 <- c(1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2)

Attempt 1
> gazant <- bartlett.test(xbartlett2~gbartlett24)$p.value
Error in model.frame.default(formula = xbartlett2 ~ gbartlett24) :
  invalid type (list) for variable 'xbartlett2'

xbartlett2 <- c(Samp1,Samp2)

> gazant <- bartlett.test(xbartlett2, gbartlett24)$p.value
Error in bartlett.test.default(xbartlett2, gbartlett24) :
  there must be at least 2 observations in each group

(There are at least 2 unique observations in each group)

Thanks in advance