[R] two questions for R beginners

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Mon Mar 1 12:30:56 CET 2010

Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:56:10 -0800 (PST) Jack Siegrist
> <jacksie at eden.rutgers.edu> wrote:
>
>> What I think would be very helpful is an introduction to programming using
>>

> Here you are:
> A First Course in Statistical Programming with R
> http://www.cambridge.org/uk/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=9780521694247

Jack also asked for it to be "a big thick college textbook that takes at
least a semester to go through, which should be a prerequisite for going
through the Introduction to R available on CRAN".  That book (of which I
am an author) is not big or thick.  But it is aimed at an audience who
don't have programming experience.

Duncan Murdoch