[R] Why the variation when creating .pdf file output for my plots?

Karl Brand k.brand at erasmusmc.nl
Wed Jun 30 18:30:27 CEST 2010

Thank you Erik!

That works nicely now. The file size in (in kilobytes) is equal to the
"File>Save As>PDF" method.

Still curious why the file sizes (in Kb), differ by a factor of ~2
between the two methods:

pdf()
dev2bitmap(method = "pdf")

I'm just *assuming* here that file size is inidcative of image quality.
Is this assumption correct? If so, how would one increase .pdf quality
within the  dev2bitmap() function?

With thanks for any further thoughts on this, cheers,

Karl

--
Karl Brand <k.brand at erasmusmc.nl>
Department of Genetics