[R] generate irregular series of dates

Simon Kiss sjkiss at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 12:22:06 CEST 2010

Dear colleagues, particularly academic ones,
So I'm creating a Microsoft Word template for myself so that every
time I teach a new course, I don't have to enter in the dates manually
for each class session.
I'd like to use an R script that can generate an irregular series of
dates starting from one date (semester begin) to another (semester
end) using an irregular interval in between (Tuesdays and Thursdays,
for example).
I know that a regular series of dates is no problem, but what about an
irregular series?
Yours,
Simon Kisss
Simon J. Kiss, PhD
SSHRC and DAAD Post-Doctoral Fellow
John F. Kennedy Institute of North America Studies
Free University of Berlin
Lansstraße 7-9
14195 Berlin, Germany
Cell: +49 (0)1525-300-2812,