[R] Correctly plotting bar and scatter chart on 2-y axis plot with par(new=T)

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Thu Jun 24 18:24:52 CEST 2010

Using par(new=T) is dangerous and tricky for those people who understand what it does and how to use it.  Trying to use it without fully understanding it will be much worse.

I would use the updateusr function from the TeachingDemos package instead.  The first example on the help page may give you the answer that you need (but it is hard to tell from your description without code).  If that is not enough, send the actual reproducible code (either include the data in a copy/pasteable way, or use builtin or simulated data) that you tried and explain how it differs from what you want the output to look like, then we will have a chance of being able to help.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org