[R] Analyzing large transition matrix

Bill Harris bill_harris at facilitatedsystems.com
Thu Jun 24 15:13:38 CEST 2010

Thanks, John and Jim.  In general, the problem is the large number of
entries, as you said (I could use up a lot of ink in a large-format
plotter, I guess).

Someone has suggested a pivot table in Excel :-) which makes me realize
that I need to learn the reshape and plyr packages immediately.  The
auto example was made up; my real raw data is about a different subject
and has far more columns, but I think I can abstract it down.

Thanks again.  I'll try those ideas out when I get the data in the
correct format, and then I'll let you know if I have more questions.

Bill
--
Bill Harris                  http://makingsense.facilitatedsystems.com/
Facilitated Systems                              Everett, WA 98208 USA