[R] How to say "if error"

Paul Chatfield p.s.chatfield at reading.ac.uk
Thu Jun 24 13:06:35 CEST 2010

I've had a look at the conditions in base and I can't get the ones to work
I've looked at but it is all new to me.

For example, I can work the examples for tryCatch, but it won't print a
finally message for me when I apply it to my model.  Even if I could get
this to work, I think it would still cause a break e.g.
for (j in 1:10)
{tryCatch(ifelse(j==5, stop(j), j), finally=print("oh dear"))}

Thanks for the suggestion though - any others?