[R] Question on WLS (gls vs lm)

Stats Wolf stats.wolf at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 12:54:26 CEST 2010

Thanks for reply.

Yes, they do differ, but does not gls() with the weights argument
(correlation being unchanged) make the special version of GLS, as this
sentence from the page you provided says: "The method leading to this
result is called Generalized Least Squares estimation (GLS), of which
WLS is just a special case"?

Best,
Stats Wolf