[R] how to print a colored plot in black/white?

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 19:31:52 CEST 2010

Dear Marius,

>From the documentation (see ?trellis.device):

"Note that this only applies to the initial choice of colors, which
can be overridden using 'theme' or subsequent calls to
'trellis.par.set' (and by _arguments supplied directly in high level
calls for some settings_)." [emphasis added]

xyplot() is a high level function; so my guess is that it overrides
the colour set in trellis.device().

HTH,

Josh

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Marius Hofert <m_hofert at web.de> wrote:
> Dear expeRts,
>
> shouldn't this...
>
> x <- 1:10
> myplot <- xyplot(x~x,col="red")
> trellis.device(postscript,color=FALSE,file="plot.ps")
> print(myplot)
> dev.off()
>
> ... give a black/white plot?
>
> Cheers,