[R] "save scores" from sem

Steve Powell steve at promente.net
Wed Jun 23 14:03:40 CEST 2010

Dear Joris,
thanks again for these very useful insights.
Your point about PCA, sem, FA is clear to me now.
And I understand what you say about it not being the point of sem to
make corrections in a model and then try to "save the scores" for
another analysis. But still I am wondering what would happen if you
did? suppose I had:
a measured variable A and a latent variable B with indicators B1-B10,
and A and B are supposed theoretically to correlate strongly.
Then suppose I do a FCA and extract one component B'.
If I did a similar CFA in an sem package and added a couple of
correlated errors which improve the model, and if I could "save the
scores" of the latent variable, wouldn't I expect it to correlate
better with A than B' does?

Best Wishes
Steve

www.promente.org | skype stevepowell99 | +387 61 215 997