[R] "save scores" from sem

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 19:08:31 CEST 2010

PCA and factor analysis is implemented in the core R distribution, no
extra packages needed. When using princomp, they're in the object.

 pr.c <- princomp(USArrests,scale=T)
 pr.c$scores # gives you the scores

see ?princomp

When using factanal, you can ask for regression scores or Bartlett
scorse. See ?factanal.
Mind you, you will get different -i.e. more correct- results than
those obtained by SPSS.

I don't understand what you mean with scores in the context of
structural equation modelling. Lavaan is unknown to me.

Cheers
Joris

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Steve Powell <steve at promente.net> wrote:
>  Dear expeRts,
> sorry for such a newbie question -
> in PCA/factor analysis e.g. in SPSS it is possible to save scores from the
> factors. Is it analogously possible to "save" the implied scores from the
> latent variables in a measurement model or structural model e.g. using the
> sem or lavaan packages, to use in further analyses?
> Best wishes
> Steve Powell
>
> www.promente.org | skype stevepowell99 | +387 61 215 997

Joris Meys