[R] replication time series using permutations of the each "y" values

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 17:58:20 CEST 2010

Read the posting guide please. What's your data structure? That's
quite important. As I see it, I can easily get a matrix with what you
want by :
x1 <- rep("a","b",each=3)
x2 <- rep("c","d","f",times=2)
x3 <- rep("g",6)
x4 <- rep("h",6)
result <- rbind(x1,x2,x3,x4)

But that's not what you want probably.
Cheers
Joris

2010/6/22 Josué Polanco <jomopo at gmail.com>:
> Dear All,
>
> I'm trying to create this:
> I've these data (a, b,c, etc. are numbers) :
>
> 1  a b
> 2  c d f
> 3  g
> 4  h
>
> I'm trying to create the all "time series permutations" (length = N)
> taking account
> the possibilities for each value. For example (N=4),
>
> 1  a
> 2  c
> 3  g
> 4  h
>
> next,
> 1   b
> 2   c
> 3   g
> 4   h
>
> next
> 1   a
> 2   d
> 3   g
> 4   h
>
> and so on. For this example, there are 2*3 different (possibilities)
> time series, but
> I need to do, v. gr., N = 100, and 2^14  different (possibilities)
> time series. I am wondering
> if somebody could give me a hint (suggestion) to make this using a
> function in R.
>
> thank you so much
>
> best regards
>
> --