[R] Same function name

Charles C. Berry cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu
Mon Jun 21 18:43:30 CEST 2010

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010, Filoche wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> I want to use 2 different functions (in 2 packages) that have same name. for
> instance, if I call the function, it will use the one in the last called
> package.  Is there a way to specify the package to use for a function?
>
> Something like
>
> Package1:myfunction(...)
> Package2:myfunction(xxx)

(Re?)Read:

Writing R Extentions
.
.
.

1.6 Package name spaces

R has a name space management system for packages. This system allows the
package writer to specify which variables in the package should be
exported to make them available to package users, and which variables
should be imported from other packages.
.
.
.