[R] Popularity of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata...

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 01:18:13 CEST 2010

On 20/06/2010 6:36 PM, Muenchen, Robert A (Bob) wrote:

> [...]

If you use Web of Science, then the abbreviation for the author in the
standard citation for R is R DEV COR TEAM.   Doing a search for
citations to that author in 2009 or 2010 finds 249 papers.  Variations
on the spelling that I see include

R DEV C3R TEAM
R DEV CAR GROUP
R DEV CAR TEAM
R DEV CIR TEAM
R DEV COD TEAM
R DEV COR
R DEV COR T
R DEV COR TEA
R DEV COR TEAM
R DEV COR TEAM C
R DEV COR TEAM CO
R DEV COR TEAM FD
R DEV COR TEAM OR
R DEV COR TEAM R
R DEV COR TEAM RD
R DEV COR TEAM VI
R DEV COR TEAMR
R DEV COR TEMA
R DEV COR TRAM
R DEV CORE TEAM
R DEV CORETEAM
R DEV CORR TEAM
R DEV CORT TEAM
R DEV CPR TEAM
R DEV CT
R DEV TEAM
R DEVCOR TEAM
R DEVELOPMENTCORE

Not all of those might really be R.  For example, there's probably a
north Atlantic codfishing team named R DEV COD TEAM.  But most of them
are, and they lead to 289 cited papers in 2009/10.

Duncan Murdoch