[R] A Statistics related question

Megh Dal megh700004 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 20 16:27:21 CEST 2010

Hi all, good morning,

My question is not really R related rather a practical problem and wondering if stat-gurus here can show some light how that can be solved with some statistical/mathematical tool.

I have some 10 items on which 10,000 viewers put their views based on some 12 attributes say, A1, A2, ..., A12. Assume all those 12 attributes have equal importance or some other "importance matrix" can be assigned into it. I was asked to sort those 10 items according to a "summarized picture" of all those attributes from most preferable item to the least. Viewer put their views on those attribute through a binary variable like "1 -> positive", "-1 -> negative".

Is their any a mathematical/statistical tool available to answer thise type of question. If anyone help me out I would be very grateful.

Thanks for your attention.

Megh,