[R] Read code from character string

Johannes Huesing johannes at huesing.name
Fri Jun 18 22:57:04 CEST 2010

Greg Snow <Greg.Snow at imail.org> [Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 04:57:03PM CEST]:
> You should also look at fortune(106) and think about possible other solutions to your overall objective.

I am not installing fortune solely for this purpose but I understand
that anything which smells like macro expansion is frowned upon in R
circles.

Yet there are situations where i want to treat code as data and
data as code. As far as I gather this works only with closures in R,
not with general S-expressions, so sometimes I have to resort to
character strings.

--
Johannes Hüsing               There is something fascinating about science.
                              One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture