[R] Extract estimates from each dataset: MI package

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 11:59:33 CEST 2010

A good idea would be to read the posting guide :

No really, do read it. It's not there just to annoy people, it really
has a function. Getting you to understand which information we need in
order to be able to answer you, as a start.

This said:

The error occurs often when people use a name of a function as a
variable name, but the variable itself is not to be found in the
environment. No clue which name it is in your case, as I don't see any
code, don't know the data, don't know the function you used to get to
the "model".

To know what is in the object, use str(model). That tells you what is
where, how it's called, and how you get it out of the object. As mi
apparently uses S4 classes, you'll have to look around a bit.

Cheers
Joris

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 10:27 AM, KDT <dkadengye at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
> I am currently using the MI package (Su, Gelman, Hill and Yajima) to make
> multiple Imputations of my dataset with missing values. After fitting a
> model, I can use display(model) to visualize the pooled estimates as well as
> estimates of each imputed dataset. I can visualize these also by typing
> print(model).
>
> However I would like to know how I can extract estimates of single imputed
> datasets. I have tried several commands for the first imputed dataset like
> mi.pooled$coefficients[[1]] , summary(model$analyses[[1]], etc etc but each
> do not work and i keep getting an error "object of type 'closure' is not
> subsettable"
>
> Any one with an idea?
>
> Trevor
> --