[R] working with zoo time index ??

skan juanpide at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 13:38:04 CEST 2010

Hi again.

I have several files with data like above. Each file has different periods.

My idea is to use zoo in order to do this...
Converting all data to same period, the smaller one, 5 minutes.
Whenever a datum doesn't exist copy the last one. (carry forward)
Add data of every 5 minutes getting a new series.
With the new series....
run a loop:
every day I save the first data
I substract every datum within this day from the saved data for tihs day
And I check if that substraction accomplishes some test, for example equals
a number.
I this test is not fulfilled I continue to the end of the day. Then I store
the value of the subratcion last an I start with the next day.
If it's fulffiled I store the value of the substraction that fulfilled the
test and I jump directly to the next day.

Can you do all this with "aggregate" ?