[R] Column name defined by function variable

Ralf B ralf.bierig at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 11:25:18 CEST 2010

 Sorry, its late and I am getting tired ;)

I modified based on your suggestion:

#combine data
add.col <- function(df, new.col, name) {
	n.row <- dim(df)[1]
	length(new.col) <- n.row
        names(new.col) <- name
	cbind(df, new.col)
}
data <- data.frame(stuff1=as.numeric(d2$points))
data <- add.col(data, as.numeric(d1$morepoints), "stuff2")

but the column in the data frame is still called 'new.col' and not 'stuff2'.

Any further ideas?

Best,
Ralf