[R] lme, spline

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 14:44:46 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Farhad Shokoohi <statfar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
> I have a problem running this program on R. Z is a  matrix of spline which is random
>> fit<-lme(anc~X,random=pdIdent(~Z))
> Error in getGroups.data.frame(dataMix, groups) :
>  Invalid formula for groups
> What I have done wrong?
A little more information on the data is necessary. Please provide
minimal, self-contained, reproducible code that mimicks the error.

This said, I do not understand what you want to do with
"random=pdldent(~Z)". I cannot find a function pdldent, so this
notation doesn't make any sense.

Cheers
Joris

Joris Meys