[R] Transforming simulation data which is spread acrossmanyfiles into a barplot

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Fri Jun 11 22:27:07 CEST 2010

So two time series? Fair enough. But less is more. Plot them as separates
series of points connected by lines, different colors for the two different
series. Or as two trellises plots. You may also wish to overlay a smooth to
help the reader see the "trend"(e.g via a loess or other nonparametric
smooth, or perhaps just a fitted line).

The only part of a bar that conveys information is the top. The rest of the
fill is "chartjunk" (Tufte's term) and distracts.

Bert Gunter
Genentech Nonclinical Biostatistics