[R] ff package when reading .csv files

Peter Ehlers ehlers at ucalgary.ca
Fri Jun 11 13:50:18 CEST 2010

On 2010-06-11 0:37, dhanush wrote:

> Hi
>

> My aim is to read a large .csv file into R. I ran the following code and am
> using R version 10.1 on Windows.
>
>> library(ff)
>> read.csv.ffdf(x=NULL,"file.csv",fileEncoding="",nrows=-1,first.rows=NULL,next.rows=NULL,levels=NULL,appendLevels=TRUE,FUN="read.table",transFUN=NULL,asffdf_args=list(),BATCHBYTES=getOption("ffbatchbytes"),VERBOSE=FALSE)
>
> Error in read.table.ffdf(FUN = "read.csv", ...) :
>    formal argument "FUN" matched by multiple actual arguments
>
> Can anyone help me to fix this error. Thanks in advance.

read.csv.ffdf() is just a wrapper for read.table.ffdf() with
FUN set to "read.csv". You should not use any FUN=
argument in read.csv.ffdf. Either call read.table.ffdf with
FUN="read.csv" or call read.csv with no FUN specification.

Nor is there any need to specify all the other arguments to
take their default values.

   -Peter Ehlers