[R] Package not on CRAN mirrow - what now?

Cedrick W. Johnson cedrick at cedrickjohnson.com
Thu Jun 10 22:24:20 CEST 2010

Just as a side note, perhaps this will help someone else who comes
across this topic of packages no longer being on CRAN and built before
2.11.0 in that case they can't install the package...

I use package 'sma' which was last maintained sometime in the mid 2000's
and obviously it's not on CRAN anymore. When I upgraded to version
2.11.0, 'sma' would not work. So, I went into the CRAN archives,
downloaded the source and followed the instructions on building R
packages for both Windows and Linux (under 2.11.0) as a temporary "fix"
until I can look at and maybe decide if I have the skill to become the
full-time maintainer of it.

Building Packages for R on Windows:
http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/

HTH