[R] Plotting Question

Steve_Friedman at nps.gov Steve_Friedman at nps.gov
Wed Jun 9 17:42:36 CEST 2010

Hello,

I would like to produce a series of graphs comparing the probability
distributions for 8 factors against a continuous metric.

The kind of graph I'm hoping to produce would look like the density
comparison graphs (library sm) using the function sm.density.compare.
However, instead of calculating the density distributions for comparisons,
I'd like this comparison to be based on probabilities.

An example of the graph I'm seeking can be seen here:
http://www.statmethods.net/graphs/density.html   (scroll to the bottom and
examine the Comparing Groups via Kernel Density).

A graph (attached) produced using my data:
> attach(SoilVegHydro)

> vegtype.f <- factor(Physiogomy)

 > sm.density.compare(meanAnnualDepthAve, vegtype.f, xlab="Mean Annual
Depth")

  # create color fill patterns
  >colfill <- c(2:(2+length(levels(vegtype.f))))
  > legend(locator(1), levels(vegtype.f), fill=colfill)

(See attached file: MeanAnnualDepth_Density.png)

Thanks
Steve

Steve Friedman Ph. D.
Spatial Statistical Analyst
Everglades and Dry Tortugas National Park
950 N Krome Ave (3rd Floor)
Homestead, Florida 33034

Steve_Friedman at nps.gov
Office (305) 224 - 4282