[R] cross-validation

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 13:02:57 CEST 2010

As far as my knowledge goes, nnet doesn't have a built-in function for
crossvalidation. Coding it yourself is not hard though. Nnet is used
in this book : http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/MASS4/ , which contains
enough examples on how to do so.

See also the crossval function in the bootstrap package.
http://sekhon.berkeley.edu/library/bootstrap/html/crossval.html

Cheers
Joris

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 11:34 AM, azam jaafari <azamjaafari at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to do leave-one-out cross-validation for multinomial logistic regression in R. I did multinomial logistic reg. by package nnet in R. How I do validation? by which function?
> response variable has 7 levels
>
> please help me
>
> Thanks alot
> Azam