[R] Loading an image/picture (png/jpeg/...) to screen...

oliver oliver at first.in-berlin.de
Sun Jun 6 13:46:02 CEST 2010

Hello,

how can I load an external picture/image file to screen?

I want to use locator() then to get coordinates of that picture...
...in other words I want to use R to do some measurements on a picture.

Therefore I need to load the image into R display,
and that displaying needs to work together with locator().

How to do it best?

At the moment I need to be able to read in *.png files,
but if *.jpeg or other formats also will be supporttzed, this would be fine.