[R] apply min function rowwise

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 20:11:50 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 10:22 AM, moleps <moleps2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> thx.
>
> It was only the first instance that was class date. The rest were factors. So that explains it.
>
> If I want to change the rest in vec into class date (there are many of them...)
>
> neither  as.Date(canc[,vec],"%d.%m.%Y") or sapply(canc[,vec],FUN=function(x) as.date(x,"%d.%m.%Y"))
>
> What is the easy solution to this?

This is the nicest solution that comes to mind:

as.data.frame(lapply(X=samp.dat, FUN=as.Date, format="%d.%m.%Y"))

I believe the problem is that sapply() coerces the results (by default
when simplify=TRUE) using as.vector() leaving you with the number of
days since the origin.  Anyway, using as.data.frame() on the list
output from lapply() seems to work.

Josh