[R] Shapes in barplots

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Fri Jun 4 19:39:17 CEST 2010

The TeachingDemos package does not in any way replace the rgl package.  They serve very different purposes (the TeachingDemos package does use rgl for a couple of functions).

I would be very surprised if there was anything in the TeachingDemos package that would be of help in creating barplots with 3d effects.  3d effects distort the information in graphs without adding anything to their interpretation.

If you want to display information, then use the appropriate graph without the extra chartjunk.  If you want something to catch the reader's attention, use a picture of a kitten.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org