[R] Vegan fisher.alpha error

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Tue Jun 1 01:47:22 CEST 2010

Kang Min <ngokangmin <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I have an error with fisher.alpha from the vegan package.
>
> > fisher.alpha(data[[1]])
> Error in nlm(Dev.logseries, n.r = n.r, p = p, N = N, hessian =
> TRUE, ...) :
>   missing value in parameter
>
> I am trying to find fisher alpha for a list of 100 data frames, and I
> tried it on individual data frames in the list, which gave me the
> error above.
> I have every data frame in the same format as the example data BCI,
> species as column names and quadrats as row names.

  It's almost impossible to answer this question without a reproducible
example.  Does the same thing happen with

fisher.alpha(head(data[[1]]))

?

If so, can you post the results of dput(head(data[[1]]))

?

If not, please spend some time cutting the problem down to
something that can be posted.  If that's really hard, post
your data on the web somewhere and post a link to it.
(Sending attachments to the mailing list is a bit dicey.)

  Ben Bolker