[R] R on Mac OS X 10.6 freezing up

Peter Dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 20:09:14 CEST 2010

Jesse Poland wrote:
>   I am running R and R64 on a MacBook Pro (2.66GHz, 8GB, OS X 10.6) and
> it keeps freezing up on me (i.e. have to force quit or kill).  Same
> problem with both R and R64.  I am not doing heavy computation, mostly
> just editing some scripts in the GUI.  Also the computer is plenty fast
> with sufficient memory.  I looked around but haven't seen anything on
> this problem.
>
> Thanks!

There's an R-sig-mac mailing list, which may be a better place to seek
help. If you can replicate the problem easily, I would expect that you
could help the developers considerably if you could (say) connect to the
R process and do a traceback showing where things get stuck.

--
Peter Dalgaard
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com