[R] Data Handling

Lily_stats sundusc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 11:33:01 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am very new to R so these questions may seem simple!

I have a huge 2 sets of data(matrix 5x20000++) in the following formats ,
for example "data.txt" and "data2.txt":

Date               Time             X           Y
03/03/1983      20:00           0.1          990

I would like to recreate a new matrix which filters through "data.txt" and
"data2.txt" to get something as below :

Date             Time           X_data1              X_data2
Y_data1          Y_data2
31/12/2000     12:00         2.2                    5                      0
990

So I basically need :
1) When Date AND Time from data1.txt and data2.txt match, list the
corresponding X and Y values (X_data1,X_data2,Y_data1,Y_data2)

Thank you in advance, and I hope I have been clear enough in my message