[R] Out-of-sample predictions with boosting model

TravisB travisrhelp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 17:12:27 CEST 2010

Thanks, Ben.

Specifying the data in this way should give me what I need - I can do this
in a loop fairly easily and wind up with what I want in the end. And I
should've been more specific, I think that mboost can handle time-series
data, it's the fact that the data is a panel bit that was giving me
issues--I'd like to think about using base learners that can handle panel
data in the future so if you have any suggestions there I'd be happy to hear
them.

Also, don't worry, the models I specify are tuned and I have thought about
what base learners are appropriate; I left it as a blackbox for the
exposition of my post. :)

Anyway, many thanks,

Travis