[R] Reset R environment through R command

Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA) NordlDJ at dshs.wa.gov
Thu Jul 29 22:22:23 CEST 2010

Ralf,

You said you wanted to REMOVE the variables from the workspace, and you have received some good replies about how to do that.  However, you then wrote:

"Output should be NULL for x and y, and not 5 and 10:20."

Removing the variables is different from setting the variables to NULL.  If you remove the variables and then try to print them, they won't output NULL.  You will get an error message something like

Error in print(x) : object 'x' not found

So be forewarned if you actually wanted to set the values to NULL.

Hope this is helpful,

Dan

Daniel J. Nordlund
Planning, Performance, and Accountability
Research and Data Analysis Division
Olympia, WA 98504-5204