[R] xyplot with all columns of a data.frame on a single plot

Phil Spector spector at stat.berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 27 15:18:12 CEST 2010

One of the nice features of R's formula syntax is that
you can create a character string containing a formula,
and pass it to the formula() function.  For example:

xyplot(formula(paste(paste(paste('D',1:10,sep=''),collapse='+'),'X',sep='~')),data)

will do what you want.

 					- Phil Spector
 					 Statistical Computing Facility
 					 Department of Statistics