[R] Sweave and scan()

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Jul 27 14:32:35 CEST 2010

On Jul 27, 2010, at 7:01 AM, Murray Jorgensen wrote:

> Both suggestions generate similar errors to those of the original
> code. I would also be worried if the results would not puzzle my
> students.

You are teaching them about R or about Sweave? You are setting up code
that is designed to run at an open console session, but submitting it
to a batch process.

http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02/archive/31347.html

After reading that I am wondering if you could set up a textConnection
first and then  scan from that?

 > con <- textConnection("64 62 66 65 62\n69 72 72 70")
 > scan(file=con)
Read 9 items
[1] 64 62 66 65 62 69 72 72 70

--
David.

> But thanks!  Murray
>
> David Winsemius wrote:
>> On Jul 26, 2010, at 11:54 PM, Murray Jorgensen wrote:
>>> I am introducing the scan() function to my class. Consider the
>>> following file (Scanexamp.Rnw )
>>>
>>> \documentclass[12pt]{article}
>>>
>>> \begin{document}
>>> <<>>=