[R] 3d topographic map

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Jul 26 01:27:21 CEST 2010

On Jul 25, 2010, at 6:31 PM, sheck at ucar.edu wrote:

> Hi All-
>
> I would like to create a 3d topographic map using lat/lon and
> z(height).  I have been scouring the R help pages and have not
> located the package I am looking for.  Does anyone have a suggestion
> of package that will work for this?
>
> thanks-

I suspect most viewers of this message are going to be puzzled. If
wireframe and contourplot are not doing it for you, what are the
problems?

Surely you found references to Lattice and wireframe. The Lattice
system has a worked example in Figure 6.11 from this page:
http://lmdvr.r-forge.r-project.org/figures/figures.html

A search for "topographic" in one of the r searching facilities is
sure to bring multiple hits, ..... including the usual starting point:

https://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk/src/library/graphics/demo/graphics.R

So there must be details and issues that you have not chosen to
disclose.

--
David.